You can use ShipHero to manage your store inventory. Enabling the Have ShipHero Manage My Inventory option will allow ShipHero to update the inventory in your connected store using the available inventory set in ShipHero. You will then be able to count your entire inventory in ShipHero.
Begin with Accurate Inventory
Before enabling the Have ShipHero Manage My Inventory option, you should perform a stock-take. This is the verification of the quantity and condition of your store inventory, and it will help ensure you begin with the most accurate inventory possible.
Recommended Approach for Counting Your Inventory
- Print out a list of all of your products using the bulk manage feature.
- To begin counting, launch the ShipHero iPad app, which can be downloaded from the Apple App Store.
- Select Products from the navigation menu.
- Go to the first bin in the first-row location.
- Select the product by either scanning the barcode or searching by SKU.
- Count the product in that location and update the On Hand value. Note that the On Hand value is the total count in your Bin and Overstock location.
- Mark the counted product on your printed list, and move to the next bin.
- Continue this process with all remaining products in your warehouse.
- Once completed, if you have any items that remain on the list that you did find in the warehouse, and you've verified they do not exist in your warehouse, you can either delete those products in ShipHero or set them to 0.
- ShipHero will not show inventory counts for SKUs in non-pickable/non-sellable locations.
- If there has been a location "skipped," you cannot go back to it until you finish counting every location. ShipHero support can help you reset the count if needed.
- It is not possible to count inventory by a specific bin. However, by configuring the cycle count to count what is missing, the Mobile App would direct the items and bins needed to be counted.