Wholesale offers the option to use the putaway flow to pick the wholesale items and move them to a staging location.
NOTE: Please get in touch with ShipHero support to enable the Feature on your account. For 3PLs, the feature should be enabled on the 3PL account level.
Important: It is recommended to utilize paper picking if a wholesale order has more than 25 line items, as this is the current limitation.
Go to the wholesale order detail page.
Do NOT Assign Locations if you are going to use the QR code since this will allocate the SKU to the order preventing you from moving it to staging.
Click the Print/Generate Pick list dropdown.
- Click Generate QR for picking, and a QR code pop-up will appear.
5. Open your ShipHero mobile app and scan in the QR code with a QR code scanner. You can scan this code on any screen on mobile, or you can first navigate to the “Pick List” screen.
6. After scanning the QR code, you will be directed to the putaway flow
7. Choose an SKU and select the location you will be picking FROM:
8. Go to the location (scan or select) and pick the required amount for this order. The items can be scanned to pick, or the quantity can be typed in
9. After picking the required amount, click “Continue”:
10. Now, choose where you would like to transfer this item. This can be a staging location or a transfer bin (like a cart).
If you move all the items to a transfer bin, make sure the bin is sellable, or else you will not be able to choose it as a location to deduct from once the order is shipped.
11. Confirm the items you are moving to the Staging or Transfer location (this can be done via scanning or manually typing in the number). You can move the total quantity to one location or split it into multiple locations.
12. Once done with the first item, repeat with the rest of the list until all items are picked:
13. After picking the next item, putaway will remember your transfer location so all items can be put in the same location. (unless you have mixed lots or product cases/eaches, those will need different locations)
14. Once done picking, navigate back to the wholesale order page and choose your staging or transfer location to deduct from once the order ships.
15. Now, you can proceed to your packing configuration!
If you are moving all the inventory to 1 location, there are a few limitations:
Product cases and their eaches cannot be in the same location, so you must transfer them to different locations. In this example, I moved all of them to TO-2 but had to move the Yoga Block CASE to a TO-3 instead.
2. The same applies to different LOT CODES for the same SKU - these will need to transfer to different locations.
What if you cannot pick all the items from 1 location?
The pick list will have you first choose one location and pick what you can from there. When you return to the pick list, you will be able to choose another location for the remaining quantity.
Can multiple users pick the same order?
Yes, but the users will not know which items were already picked. The list does not update as a user moves the items.
They can work from the same list but must coordinate outside of ShipHero to determine who is picking which items.