Follow these steps to create an exchange order in ShipHero.
- From app.shiphero.com, navigate to Orders > Manage Orders.
- Click on the order number you want to return to open the order details page.
- While on the individual order page, click Return Order in the Actions section.
- After clicking the Return Order button, a new page will appear displaying the return order. Select the checkbox next to the product(s) you wish to return.
- Choose the quantity to return by typing in the number, select the return reason and choose Exchange as the return type from the respective dropdown menus.
- Optionally, input a note in the Notes section if applicable. This will appear on the Returns > All Returns page in the Internal Notes column, which can be exported.
- A new search bar will appear. Type in the product SKU that the customer wants to receive in exchange for the original item and input the quantity.
- Review the Customer Information section. This data is pulled from the original order.
- Review the Shipping Info section. Adjust the Weight if applicable and select the Return Label Type.
- Choose the Shipping Carrier and Method for the return label.
- In the Return Options area, select the warehouse you wish the product to be returned to and click Generate RMA.
- Optionally, input a reason for the return if applicable. Select the Do not email customer return label if desired. By default, the return label is emailed to the customer email address inputted in the Customer Info section.
- Once you've generated the RMA, you will see an exchange order created on the original order page.
Shipping Exchange Orders
Once you've received the original item back to the warehouse, click into the RMA and select Release Exchange as seen in the image below. This releases the order to the picking queue to be picked and shipped.