Assigning products to vendors allows you to quickly generate Purchase Orders for product replenishment.
Note: If you're having an issue adding products to a purchase order, it may be because the product is not assigned to a vendor.
Assigning a Single Product to Vendors
- Find the product you want to edit by using inventory search. You can do this by clicking Inventory and then clicking Products from the top menu. Select the product for which to assign a vendor.
- Viewing the product page, scroll down to the Vendors section, type the vendor name in the search box, and hit enter. The selected vendor will appear under the Vendor Name section just below. Multiple vendors can be added for the product to be assigned to.
Tip: If you're unable to find a Vendor, you may need to create that Vendor by going to Purchase Orders > Vendors and clicking on Add a Vendor at the top right-hand side of the page.
Assigning Multiple Products to Vendors
You can update many products at once either in the ShipHero interface or by CSV upload.
To update products from the dashboard:
- Go to Inventory > Products.
- Select multiple products by selecting them in the checkbox column.
- Click Manage Vendors at the top right-hand side of the Products page.
- Using the dropdown menu, select a vendor. You have the option to add or remove that vendor from your selected products
You can also upload a single CSV with products and assigned vendors:
- On the top menu, go to the Purchase Orders > Vendors
- Click the Upload CSV button located on the top right-hand of the dashboard.
- Follow the instructions on the Download Vendor Products page to create your CSV.
- At the bottom of the page, under Upload Vendor Products CSV file, choose your CSV file and click on Upload.