This article explains how to edit order address information and troubleshoot common address updating errors.
How to Change Address Information
- Open the Order Details page
- Scroll to the bottom of the page select which address you want to edit (Shipping Address or Billing Address)
- Adjust the information and save.
Why is the address change not updating?
- Addresses on an order will not update if there are holds, locks, or it is in a tote. Clear all constraints before updating the address.
- You may see that there’s a logged entry in the order history for Address Not Found. This means that the USPS address validator has rejected the address you entered.
- If you still want to use an address that didn’t pass the USPS validation, enable the Ignore Address Validation Errors option. Once this option is enabled, the address will save without being validated by USPS.
Why is the address changing automatically?
Multiple address updates will happen if Address Validation is enabled in ShipHero, and Update Addresses is enabled in your Shopify store. To stop address updates:
- Using your browser, go to https://app.shiphero.com/dashboard/stores.
- Tap Settings for the Shopify Store you want to update.
- Uncheck "If an address changes in an order in Shopify, update that order in ShipHero to that address."
- Tap Save.