Note: Before making a significant switch in your account, please consult with your Customer Success Manager to discuss how specific slotting types will affect your warehouse’s workflow. Contact them directly via e-mail to set up a time to speak with them.
Switching From Static to Dynamic Slotting
Prepare to disable static slotting. If you have not input inventory quantities in ShipHero, skip steps 1-2. If you have not entered any bin locations, skip step 3.
- Download your product inventory using the Inventory > Bulk Edit template.
- Use the Inventory Upload template to zero out all inventory numbers.
- Use the Bulk Edit template to remove all existing bin locations.
- At this point, ShipHero can disable static slotting and enable dynamic slotting. This should be scheduled ahead of time between ShipHero and your warehouse and should be when you are not shipping orders.
- Use the Locations template to create your bins, available in My Account > CSV Management. (This option only becomes available once DS is enabled)
- Once bins are created, assign product inventory to the bin locations using the Inventory Upload CSV or ShipHero Mobile. If using the Inventory Upload CSV, each bin location should be inputted in a separate row for the same product, as you see in the example below:
Switching From Dynamic to Static Slotting
Prepare to disable dynamic slotting.
- Use the Inventory Upload template to prepare a CSV file with the correct total on-hand inventory.
- Use the Bulk Edit template to create a separate CSV file for the locations you want in your account. Static slotting allows for one primary bin and one overstock bin for each product.
- At this point, ShipHero can disable dynamic slotting and enable static slotting. This should be scheduled ahead of time between ShipHero and your warehouse and should be when you are not shipping orders.
- After dynamic slotting is disabled, upload the Inventory Upload and Bulk Edit CSV files to your ShipHero account.
Note: The inventory changelog will not be available for the time prior to the switch since the bins have been deleted.