ShipHero automatically uses Electronic Trade Documents (ETD) for FedEx.
Why use ETD?
- You don't need to print any documents because it's all electronically submitted.
- Avoid any lost documentation.
- Get pre-clearance assistance and proactive problem resolution.
- Get a head start on customs clearance and submit your documents ahead of your shipment to reduce your chance of customs delays.
How ShipHero Submits ETD
Because ETD for FedEx is automatic in ShipHero, everything is electronically transmitted for countries that accept ETD. Below is an example of what this would look like on an International Express or International Ground shipment when printed.
International Express Shipment Example
International Ground Shipment Example
ShipHero knows which countries do not accept ETD and will automatically print out four copies of the customs documents when the shipping label is printed.
- Additional information about Electronic Trade Documents can be found on the FedEx website.
NOTE: If you need to print these ETDs yourself, please contact customer support to activate the flag on your account. Once activated, you will be able to print yourself.
NOTE2: For 3PL, the flag will need to be on the your account, but if using 3PL client carriers, the flag will need to be on the 3PL client account.