Inventory Upload enables you to bulk edit more than one SKU On Hand value by uploading a CSV file containing your changes.
As with any inventory level change, you want to ensure the reason for any inventory change is logged for future reference.
How to Update Inventory using Inventory Upload
- Click Inventory > Inventory Upload on the top navigation menu.
- Click Upload CSV at the top right-hand side.
- Click Download Inventory Template to download the blank CSV template in the pop-up window. You will need to edit the CSV file to add the desired SKUs. There will be 5 fields in the template. Use the following columns in the exact order listed:
- SKU - This is the SKU of the product you will update.
- Action - The action column can contain either Change or Replace:
- Change - This will add/subtract the number from the Quantity column from your current On Hand.
- Replace - This will replace the current On Hand with the number from the Quantity.
- Quantity - The quantity of inventory you will add, subtract, or replace. To subtract inventory, enter a negative number.
- Location - The location where this product exists.
- Reason - A note that explains why you are changing inventory.
NOTE: Inventory upload does not allow changes in bins status (sellable or non-sellable) or to delete bins. But, new bins can be created!
- Enter in the details of the products you want to change.
- Save the file. If you are on a Mac, set the format to Windows Comma Separated (.csv)
- If you are a 3PL, choose the customer to that you are uploading inventory.
- If you have multiple warehouses, choose the warehouse for which you are changing inventory.
- Upload your CSV file once it is ready. This may take a minute or so depending on the internet connection speed and size of the file.
- ShipHero will process the upload as a batch. Once all SKUs are marked as "Success," the upload and update are complete.
Note: While you can use both the Change and Replace actions in the same upload, you cannot do so with the same SKU. Similarly, more than one Replace should not be used with the same SKU. Doing so may lead to unexpected results as the file is not processed in sequential order.