If the delete function is not working on a location it can mean one of two things.
- Inventory may be assigned to the bins you're trying to delete,
- The location was included in a customer's bill.
Keep reading for more information on how to troubleshoot and address these situations.
Inventory is Assigned to the Location you are Trying to Delete
- To Identify which products are still assigned to the location go to the Inventory > Product Locations page and search by the location you are trying to delete.
- Verify there is no inventory in these locations on the warehouse floor and update the inventory as needed. If inventory is still physically in this location it should not be deleted.
- After verifying the location is empty, go back to the Inventory > Locations page and Delete the location.
The Location was Included in a Customer's Bill
You cannot delete locations that were previously included on any of your customer bills. This is by design to avoid any billing issues and prevent any historical data from becoming corrupt.
To prevent the use of this location or have it "moved" to the bottom of the list customers update the name to include "Do Not Use" or "ZZZZ" as a prefix.