Use lot and expiration tracking to keep track of products with lot codes (like food, perishable items, cosmetics), track which customers receive each lot so that you can easily do product recalls, and to track expiration dates to ensure you are not sending out expired products.
How to Enable Lot and Expiration Tracking
To enable Lot and Expiration Tracking on your account, please contact email@example.com.
For 3PL customers, this feature needs to be enabled at the child account level.
Setting up Lot and Expiration Tracking
- Set up Lot Tracking settings by going to app.shiphero.com > My Account > Settings > Lot Tracking.
- Indicate the priority you would like inventory to be assigned to orders with one of the two options:
- FEFO (First Expired First Out): This option is used to ensure that you are prioritizing inventory with the most recent expiration date to orders (for example, when shipping perishables)
- FIFO (First In First Out): This option is used to ensure that you are prioritizing inventory based on the age in which it was received (for example, when shipping electronics)
- Indicate the number of days that you want to disable picking before product expiration (to prevent expired products from being shipped to customers):
- Set up automated email reminders to receive a report about lots ready to expire (indicate email address).
NOTE: How to add Lot tracking to products and creating lots - How to Add Lot tracking to Products and Creating a New Lot
NOTE: How to receive Lots - Receiving With Lot and Expiration Tracking