ShipHero supports using standard HID Bluetooth scanners in the ShipHero Mobile App (version 1.8.46 or newer). When connected, iOS sees the scanner as an external keyboard and will not open the on-screen keyboard. Follow the steps below to manually open the keyboard.
Opening the On-Screen Keyboard (iPad Only)
This option is only available on iPads. For iPhones, the only way to show the on-screen keyboard is to disable Bluetooth or disconnect the scanner.
- On your iPad, tap inside an input box to open the bar on the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the keyboard icon on the bottom bar:
- Tap the left keyboard icon to open the onscreen keyboard. Depending on your version of iOS, the interface may appear slightly different from the image below.
- Tap on the A:
- Then select Show Keyboard:
- Older versions of iOS may have an arrow instead of the keyboard icon. To open the keyboard, long press on the down arrow:
Note: Some HID barcode scanners will trigger the keyboard to open if you double click the scan button. To try this, tap into an input field and click the scan button twice. Check with the device manufacturer to see if your scanner supports this.