Connecting your SPS Commerce account will allow you to import and ship orders via EDI.
How you connect your SPS account will vary slightly depending on whether the account belongs to the supplier or to a 3PL doing business on behalf of the supplier.
NOTE: In order for the connection to made correctly between ShipHero and SPS Commerce you will need to contact your Customer Support pod. This process is currently manual and requires ShipHero Support to assist.
Connecting as a 3PL
If your client has their own SPS account, you will want them to log into their ShipHero client account and connect their SPS account themselves.
If your own SPS account is set up to do business on your clients' behalf, your client's retailers are connected directly to your own account. In this case, you should connect while logged in to your 3PL account by following the steps below.
Note: You will afterwards be able to configure which orders correspond to which of your clients by mapping their SPS trading partner IDs.
How to Connect Your Account
Connecting your account creates a bridge between ShipHero and SPS, but importing orders will require further configuration.
- Select Connect on the SPS connection page in Settings. You will be redirected.
- You can log into your SPS Commerce account. This will create the connection, but the orders will not sync to ShipHero at this point.
Mapping the Orders
After connecting your account, SPS is able to start making orders available to ShipHero.
First, ask your SPS Implementation Manager to forward a few real orders from each of your retailers to ShipHero.
Next, let your ShipHero Customer Success Manager know that they can start the mapping process. Be sure to include the following information:
- Which retailers do the orders correspond to, by order number or SPS trading partner ID.
- How to map the products, such as by SKU or by barcode.
- Other fields that need mapping, such as specific dates, notes, or addresses.
If none of the product identifiers present in the PO being imported would match either the SKU or barcode in ShipHero (e.g. a part number specific to the retailer), please submit a spreadsheet with the external identifiers for your catalog and the corresponding SKU or barcode in ShipHero.
Once our team configures the mapping, the orders will be imported with an operator hold, meaning that they won't be available for shipping unless the hold is explicitly removed. This will give you the opportunity to edit the order data mapping if necessary.
Automating the Process
Ask your SPS Implementation Manager to automate their order forwarding for the trading partners of your choice. There are two types of forwarding:
- Dynamic forwarding will require you to manually trigger forwarding from the SPS Fulfillment portal, but it gives you a chance to review the order before it is imported by ShipHero.
- Automatic forwarding will forward orders to ShipHero as soon as they are imported into SPS.
Once you're satisfied that the orders are being imported correctly, you can configure an automation rule in your ShipHero account to remove the operator hold automatically upon import. You will be able to use the trading partner ID (present as the shop name) as criteria to filter different retailers.