ShipHero application can now assist in reducing your shipping costs and make packers more efficient by sending packaging recommendations to the workstation. This article covers:
To learn more about the other tools available to help reduce packer errors and improve your cost per package, check out these settings: Weight Discrepancy Detection and Prevent Invalid Shipping Dimensions.
How Packaging Recommendations Works
- Click the "Use recommended box" button.
- Select the recommended box from the dropdown.
- Scan the box barcode.
If the packer ignores the recommendation, they will be prompted to confirm the selection or change to the recommended packaging.
How to Enable Packaging Recommendations
This setting can be enabled by any user who has editing permissions for settings in your account.
- Go to app.shiphero.com> My Account> Settings.
- Click on the App Settings option on the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll to the option "Enable Packaging Recommendations" and check the box next to it.
- Hit "Save Changes."
Notes and Limitations
- No recommendation would be made if the recommended packaging is already set on the order.
- If various packaging has been used in the past, the recommendation will be the smallest available used in at least 20% of the orders.
- No minimum amount of history is needed, but the more orders that are shipped will strengthen the algorithms.
- Recommendations may take up to 24 hours to update.
- Only available for single-package orders; multi-package recommendations are not currently available.