Follow these steps to connect your socket mobile scanner to a mobile device.
- The scanner must be in iOS Mode, also called Application Mode [MFi-SPP], in order to work with ShipHero. Begin by turning on your scanner, then put it in iOS mode by scanning the iOS Mode Barcode below. The scanner will beep three times if it has read the barcode successfully.
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth to turn on Bluetooth.
- You should see a device called "Socket CHS." Tap Socket CHS on the screen to connect. The device should say "Connected" after a few seconds.
- To verify the device is connected, you can also open the ShipHero application on your iOS device. Tap on the menu button and go to Settings. Under the Bluetooth Barcode Scanner setting, you should see the message "Socket CHS is connected." On the Search Orders screen, you should also see a green barcode symbol.
Note: ShipHero currently integrates only with the Socket Mobile Scanners 7Ci, 7Pi, 800 series, and 700 series. Visit the Socket Mobile website to learn more about Socket Mobile Scanners.
Information for iOS 11 Users
- If you have already upgraded to iOS 11, please make sure you are using at least Version 11.1. Earlier versions of iOS 11 are not compatible with the Socket Mobile Scanners in iOS mode.
- iOS 11 added another layer of Bluetooth control. After turning on Bluetooth in the settings menu, you will also need to tap Allow New Connections if the prompt appears. If you open the Control Center, verify that the Bluetooth button is also turned on.
Watch the following video for a live explanation on how to connect your socket mobile barcode scanner: