Note: For printing shipping labels and invoices from a computer using shipping.shiphero.com we now recommend using the Packing App. The Workstation app is still needed for printing from app.shiphero.com or the mobile app.
What is a Workstation?
A Workstation is a computer running the ShipHero Workstation app connected to your printer(s) and/or scale. Once you have your Workstation set up, you can then assign Users to that Workstation so that they can print and weigh products.
Managing Multiple Users
Because your Workstations can be shared, you can assign any number of Users to a Workstation. In addition, you can have multiple Workstations and assign specific Users to each one of those Workstations.
- Make sure you have either a PC or Mac and that they meet the minimum hardware requirements.
- Connect and set up your printer(s).
- Download the Workstation app for PC or Mac.
- Once you've downloaded and installed the app, give the workstation a name.
- Once you've given your computer a name, go to https://stations.shiphero.com/stations.
- Select the Computer and Station you just named, and specify printer(s) & scales.
- Click Save, located in the top right corner.
Note: If after installing the app it doesn't launch, check your anti-virus and firewall settings to make sure the application is not blocked.
Assign Users to the Workstation
- Using your web browser, go to https://shipping.shiphero.com/users/ and select the user you want to Assign a Workstation.
- Assign the Print Station. When that user prints from the app, ShipHero will use the assigned Workstation.
Rename a Workstation
To rename a workstation, open the app on the computer it's installed on and click on the name displayed:
Removing a Workstation
To remove a workstation, open the app on the computer it's installed on and use the link to unregister: