Order tags can be a valuable tool to customize your flow in the warehouse, including identifying specific customers, oversized items, unique products, etc. This article covers:
How to Add Order Tags in ShipHero
ShipHero provides several ways to add an order tag to an order, whether you need to add it to an order manually or want to automate the process with Automation Rules. This section goes through the different processes of how to add order tags to your orders.
Adding an Order Tag to a Single Order
- Go to app.shiphero.com > Orders > Open an Order.
- Scroll to the Order Tag Section > type the Order Tag and hit Enter.
- Click Save Tags.
Adding an Order Tag Using Automation Rules
- Go to app.shiphero.com > Orders > Automation Rule > Create New Rule.
- Add the Trigger to the rule and then the Action to Set Order Tag.
NOTE: The newly created Automation Rule will only apply to new orders. For Shopify orders, you can re-run the rule as needed on order tag import. More information on Automation Rules found HERE.
Adding an Order Tag in Bulk via the Order Page
- Go to app.shiphero.com > Orders > Manage Orders
- Check the box next to each order.
- Click Bulk Edit> Add Order Tag and hit Enter.
- Select Update to save changes.
Importing Order Tags From Shopify
From Shopify stores, add a tag to an order by following the Order Tag Document. This will allow the order to sync to ShipHero with the Order Tag already on the order.
Optimize Batches by Assigning an Order Tag to a User
Assign specific orders to a user based on the order tags they contain by adjusting the user's app settings. This filter works in conjunction with the order status filter and only applies to Single-Item Batches and Multi-Item Batches.
Specific orders may require custom packaging that will not be available at all packing stations. An order tag can be used to specify which packing stations these orders will be handed off to from the picker, i.e., Order tag = Packing Station 1, Packing Station 2, etc.
After the tag is added to the picker's settings they will only receive orders that fall within the status they are working on that contain that tag, i.e., Packing Station 1. Once they complete their batch they know to bring the orders to that packing station so the packer can finish the fulfillment process.
How to Assign an Order Tag to a User
- Navigate to shipping.shiphero.com> hover over the left-hand menu> Select Users & Roles.
- Click on the name of the user that needs to be edited.
- Scroll to the App Settings section and add the order tag to the Multi/Single Item Batch Order Tag Filter.
- Hit Save.