The Needs Replenishment Report is designed to help you track which products need to replenish in their picking bins. It is calculated one of two ways:
- There needs to be more pickable inventory to pick all allocated orders.
- The quantity in your pickable bins is below the specified Replenishment Level, and you have more stock with which to replenish it in a non-pickable bin.
Note: Replenishment Level is the minimum number of units you want to keep across all your pickable locations. It is not a minimum per location.
The report gives you all the information you need to add more inventory to your pickable locations:
- On Hand - the current quantity you have on hand.
- Allocated - the quantity currently allocated to orders.
- Replenishment Level - the replenishment level set on that product.
- Available in Pickable Bins - the total quantity currently available across all pickable bins
- Orders needing this - the number of allocated orders with this item. This is an excellent way to see which transfers will likely release the most significant number of orders.
- QTY Needed from Non-pickable bins - the quantity you need to transfer from non-pickable to pickable bins. This could be for currently allocated orders in order to satisfy the replenishment level or a combination of both.
- Top 3 Non-Pickable Bins - the top 3 non-pickable bins are determined by the quantity of this product. This will tell you where to transfer the inventory from. This will not include any bin marked as non-sellable or "do not replenish from"
Once you have this report, you can transfer the inventory using the mobile app or dashboard.
As a best practice, you should check this report at least once a day, ideally in the morning, so you know if any inventory needs to be transferred to pick that day. Checking it throughout the day is also a good idea to ensure that no orders are not pickable because they need more pickable inventory.
If you are having a flash sale we suggest you check this report to monitor order allocation. You can review this article for more information.
Transfer bins and the Replenishment Report
In general, any sellable and non-pickable location can be used for replenishment. Locations marked as a "transfer bin" are excluded from the replenishment report even if they are non-pickable.
The transfer bin is a location where you can move inventory temporarily before moving them again to a pickable bin. This process is useful when doing replenishment because you can move inventory from a non-pickable overstock location to a transfer bin (like a cart or a pallet). Then you can use a process like putaway to move the inventory from the transfer bin to the pickable location.
To mark a location as a "transfer bin", you can enable this setting on the locations page :