The Needs Replenishment Report is designed to help you track which products need to replenish in their picking bins. It is calculated one of two ways:
- There needs to be more pickable inventory to pick all allocated orders.
- The quantity in your pickable bins is below the specified Replenishment Level, and you have more stock with which to replenish it in a non-pickable bin.
Note: Replenishment Level is the minimum number of units you want to keep across all your pickable locations. It is not a minimum per location.
The report gives you all the information you need to add more inventory to your pickable locations:
- On Hand - the current quantity you have on hand.
- Allocated - the quantity currently allocated to orders.
- Replenishment Level - the replenishment level set on that product.
- Available in Pickable Bins - the total quantity currently available across all pickable bins
- Orders needing this - the number of allocated orders with this item. This is an excellent way to see which transfers will likely release the most significant number of orders.
Once you have this report, you can transfer the inventory using the mobile app or dashboard.
As a best practice, you should check this report at least once a day, ideally in the morning, so you know if any inventory needs to be transferred to pick that day. Checking it throughout the day is also a good idea to ensure that no orders are not pickable because they need more pickable inventory.