What is Klaviyo?
Klaviyo is a CRM that allows you to send emails and SMS to your customers. Leveraging the capabilities of PostHero, we can send events like Order Delivered, Order Delayed, Order Return To Sender, and much more to Klavyio.
How is this useful to me?
Here is an example scenario: When an order has been delivered, Klaviyo will send an email to the customer letting them know that their order has been delivered and ask them to leave a review.
How does it work?
- ShipHero has set up four key triggers within the Klaviyo integration.
- Each of these triggers can also be associated with a Klaviyo workflow.
- ShipHero clients can then customize these workflows from Klaviyo to reach out to clients based on the status of their package.
What are the 4 key triggers within the Klaviyo integration?
- 1st Scan - This indicates that the package has left the ShipHero warehouse and is now in the hands of the carrier.
- Delivery Success - This indicates that the package has been successfully delivered to its final destination. It should now be in the hands of the customer.
- Return to Sender - This indicates that the package is being sent back to its origination point (in this case the ShipHero warehouse because of an issue with the address, etc.).
- Failed to Deliver - This indicates that the package made it to its final destination but actual delivery was not possible.
What do we need to get started?
- First, you need to create an account with Klaviyo: https://www.klaviyo.com/
- Log into your Klaviyo account and go to Account > Settings > API Keys.
- Here you can get the PUBLIC API Key.
I got my API Key, now what?
- Log into the ShipHero App, then go to Settings > PostHero
- There will be a new section called Third Party Integrations
- Here you will enter their Public Klavyio API key:
You are now connected!
Note: All Klaviyo workflows are created in Klaviyo. When you log into Klaviyo, you will see the ShipHero supported triggers labeled as “ShipHero.” Please note that we only support these ShipHero labeled triggers at this time.
After selecting your trigger, you can create custom emails (or SMS messages) in Klaviyo to send to your customers.