As of March 2020, ShipHero integrates with Shopify's order editing function.
If you have a specific order, ShipHero can change each of the line items in the Quantity Ordered and Quantity Pending Fulfillment fields if they're edited in Shopify.
What does this mean?
Each time an order is being edited in Shopify, we import those changes (adding, subtracting item quantities, or fulfilling line items)
What fields are being affected on ShipHero?
There are three fields that will be modified on the order details page:
- Quantity Pending Fulfillment
- Quantity Ordered
- Quantity Shipped
How does it work?
In your Shopify store, you can edit orders by adding, and/or removing, and adjusting their quantities.
Here's how our integration works:
Adjusting Quantities for line items
After editing an order in Shopify, ShipHero will import those changes. We check for each line item, and these are the changes you should be seeing:
- If the Quantity Ordered in ShipHero is different than in Shopify, we set the line item quantity to match.
- The Quantity Pending Fulfillment is also adjusted to match what needs to be fulfilled (zero or more, but never less)
- If the Quantity Ordered is changed to zero in Shopify, and there are no previous shipments, the line item will show as canceled.
- If a line item is canceled in ShipHero, we don't make any changes (adding, subtracting, changing status, etc.)
- For the Shipped Quantity, it will always refer to the ones that were shipped using ShipHero, not Shopify.
- If a line item has a canceled status in ShipHero, we don't update it.
You can also ship an order partially in Shopify, and ShipHero will update the Quantity Pending Fulfillment to what still needs to be fulfilled.