This article will walk through how to pack an order using ShipHero.
To begin, open shipping.shiphero.com or the Packing App. Search, select, or scan your order from the Orders ready to ship page.
Once open, you will see the items needed to pack. Scan or select these item(s). On the right side of the screen, you will see your packed items beneath the Shipping details section. Here, you can also:
- Edit the Recipient’s Address: Click the pencil icon next to Ship to in order to manually edit the recipient's address.
- Edit the Shipping Method: Click the pencil icon next to its current shipping method.
- Calculate Shipping Rates: This feature provides the rates from each available connected carrier.
- Add two or more Packages/Boxes: For multi-package orders, select the + next to the Package 1 header.
Note: If using this feature, add the packages before scanning/selecting your products, as the SKUs will need to be packed into each box.
- Choose the Shipping Box: Within the Shipping box dropdown, select the package or scan the box barcode.
- Adjust the Package/Box dimensions: Click on Length, Width, or Height to manually change the dimensions.
Note: ShipHero will automatically enter the dimensions based on the measurements set up in Boxes. For details, please see the How to Set Up Shipping Boxes article.
- Adjust the Weight: Click on the numerical value underneath the Weight heading to edit this manually.
Note: ShipHero will calculate this automatically if you have already set the weight of the SKU(s) on the product level. You may also weigh the order on a scale.
- Weight discrepancy feature - When preparing to print the label, ShipHero will check other orders with the same items and compare the two. If there is a discrepancy, you will get the warning bellow.
Important: New feature to help catch weight discrepancies in your orders. This must be activated at the account level by reaching out to ShipHero support.
NOTE: This feature is not available on bulkship.
Once you have finished editing the shipping details, you can ship the order by selecting Print invoices & labels on the bottom-right of the screen. If you prefer only to print the invoice or label, select the dropdown arrow and select Print Invoice or Print Label.
Watch our video tutorial to learn how to view ready-to-ship orders, reduce packing time, and improve packing error rates.